Thursday, January 8, 2009

daddy, daddy!

Not only can Julius say "da-da," he actually uses it to refer to me! His favorite situation is to be held by mommy and entertained by daddy. I'll talk to him for a second, and after I walk outside his field of vision, he'll look all around and say, "dada? dada! dada!" Every time I walk away he'll call for me again!
The best part of this is that he can be happy to see me when I get home from work, telling me "dada!" when I walk in. I remember when Sylvia was first able to tell me she was glad I was home. It's still the highlight of my day.
The worst part, though, is that he'll look for me sadly while I'm at work. "Dada?..."

Shortly after writing a draft of this post, I held Julius for an hour to get him to sleep. Appparently he loves or is bored by early-80s Genesis: if I wear him in the carrier for a while and sway around while Abacab plays it puts him right to sleep!

No comments: